Friday, October 24, 2008

Noon whistle silenced

Yes, that is the big story here in our little town. The high noon whistle had to be taken down after the wooden pole where it was perched was deemed unsafe. Today it seems everyone is debating whether they liked it or not and if it should be unsilenced. Although some people thought it was annoying, my family and I liked it; especially my 3 year old daughter, Solana. She would say "time for lunch, I hear the high noon whistle." The best part about it for me was it seemed to go off about 10 minutes after noon...what I would describe as Steamboat Time! I think that is one of the main reasons why people live here, a place to enjoy the simple things! Steamboat truly is a beautiful, small town nestled in the mountains. Fortunately, this quaint town also boasts impressive cultural and recreational opportunities, great schools, fantastic people and a wonderful community to raise a family.
(Written by Amy Brown)

No comments: